Friday, October 12, 2012

Doing online Business, A People Skill


                Doing Better Business Online, A People Skill

    People do not like to buy from strangers.

    We are all strangers the first time that we do a deal or make a sale, but that does not mean that you should remain so with your customers. We refer to them as our customers for a reason. On some level we hope that they will give us repeat business. If we have provided a quality good and or serves then we should expect them to return to our online store or online business.

    How do we insure that this will happen is an almost impossible question. Even if we have done everything well the majority of customers will be one and done., but we should try to hold on to those that we can.

    What are the best ways to hold on to a new customer?

    Well the first one has been mentioned. Provide a great product and or service. Give them a reason to what to come back. The next way is to identify who they are. I ran a online store for almost four years before someone suggested to me that I should keep track of and in contact with all those whom have purchased from my store. This should have occurred to be sooner. There had been many times when a returning customer had said that my products were the best and arrived quickly. That they loved how I did business and they had decided to do business with me again. I filed that information away in the back of my mind and then forgot about it. I could have been list building. I could have been developing contacts that would be with me for the life of my business.


    I had not notice that the wholesalers that I dealt with had been doing just that. At least twice a week I receive an offer or just a simple message from them. No matter what we say to other we all enjoy the idea that someone is thinking about us. That we have made a mark and are remembered. The thing is that when it came time for me to make more wholesale purchases you know who I went to first? The ones whom had kept in contact. Even if there prices were slightly higher than their competition. They knew me and I had grown to trust them for no other reason than they had provided quality services and they had stayed in contact with me even when I was not buying from them.

    You can and should do the same thing.

    The first way that you do this is to build list and if you can not do this or do not have the time there are services online that can do this for a small cost. I know that you hate to spend money. I hate it even more than you do, but sometimes it is worth it. If that money comes back to you ten times or twenty times over then it is a good investment. You are most likely reading this because you found my site while searching the web. I have invested a great deal in SEO and so far it is paying off very well.  I do not like spending the money, but by having someone else do SEO for me it frees me up to build new websites and to improve my existing sites. It gives me time to spend with my family. No matter how charming and lovable we believe that we are no one likes to spent time with someone who works 14 - 18 hours a day. When they are not working all that they can talk about is work. The work that they just did and the work that they left undone.

    Purchase a little help when you can. I am not saying to throw money at a problem or a weakness, but even the fortune five hundred companies know when to out source the work.

    My advice today is to out source your email and list building. I will recommend a company. They have a nice trial offer. If you do not like them then I suggest you look around online and try a few different ones. It is okay. You get to try a few different services. Most of them offer free trials or your money back if you cancel after a certain amount of time.
Get results and increase sales with GetResponse

    Okay I think that will be it for today. Remember to stumble us on stumbleupon and add us to your google plus. Now if there is nothing left to say I think that I will close with my catch phrase. Time to get back to work.

    “What?”

    Okay, fine. If you want to watch Shark Tank first then okay go on. Just this once.



1 comment:

  1. Refreshing and dynamic way to write a blog post "really natural". To have and online business is a dream that could come true with hard work. I think determination is the best quality to succeed doing business online and offline. With a Business plan and the right business promotion tool + determination to succeed no one can stop you. Best of luck.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete